Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby Boomers Got the Blues

Seems my generation is filled with whinners. Nothing I didn't know; got any real new for me?

More than older or younger generations, boomers – born from 1946 to 1964 – worry that their income won't keep up with rising costs of living. They say it's harder to get ahead today than it was 10 years ago. They are more likely to say that their standard of living is lower than their folks' but that things don't look too good for their kids either (67 percent of younger generations, meanwhile, feel they have it better than their parents).

I don't feel that way at all. If my money ain't enough, I'll have to cut back; life is livable with the kind of money we got. A lot of boomers have become slaves to luxury, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment