The BBC picked up on this story, which I think important. Senator Clinton claims her years in her husband's White House gave her relevant and important foreign policy experience. That needs to be ascertained.
Clinton pressed over Bosnia claim US White House hopeful Hillary Clinton is challenged over claims she came under sniper fire while visiting Bosnia. The row over Mrs Clinton's 1996 Bosnia visit follow a speech she made on Iraq last week, in which she described herself and her daughter Chelsea being at some risk as they arrived. She said: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base." The video clip played by CBS on Monday shows Mrs Clinton and Chelsea walking across the tarmac smiling and waving before stopping to shake hands with Bosnia's acting president and meet an eight-year-old girl.Oops. Did I say sniper fire? I meant there was no sniper fire. Tuzla was such a pretty place. I learned a lot, and I can apply that to being President.
Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment